Many business owners will have heard that they need to have a social media presence though they may not understand why they need to be using social media as part of their marketing efforts.
1. Millions of users- Facebook in Australia for example has over 10 millions users and Twitter has almost 2 millions users. The average Australian Facebook user spends 20 minutes on Facebook per visit. As of June 2012- 50.34% of Australian population use Facebook and on a global scale, 1 in 10 humans on Earth use Facebook!
2. With the huge numbers that are users of social media your brand needs to build a presence where it’s target market is spending it’s time.
3. Word Of Mouth Marketing is King; as a business owner you are probably aware that word of mouth marketing can be the best form of marketing. Social Media networks make recommending or sharing companies, products and services extremely easy.
4. Your target market expects to find you on social networking sites. It can often be where your potential customers go first to learn more about you.
5. Business large or small can use social media. Social media is one of the few forms of marketing that does not have a price tag. Whether you are a home based business or a large corporation, regardless of your size you have the ability to use this powerful brand building platform.